We need to provide you with certain information on the personal information we collect from you (also called “Data”) and the information below sets out how we may collect the information and use it.
We take your privacy and security of any information (which, for the purposes of this Notice we will refer to as “Personal Data”) that you provide to us very seriously.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulations and any subsequent UK legislation based on those Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is ourselves and the name of our Data Protection supervisor is available on request. (In our opinion we are not required to and have not appointed a formal Data Protection Officer.)
We may collect and process the following data.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website (including the information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Website or participate in any function on our Website) or completing any forms that we have provided you with or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
To be absolutely clear this information may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information.
- Technical Information. This may include, for example, the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, and time-zone setting.
- Information about your visit. This may include the full URL through and from our Website including date and time.
- Such information as is otherwise provided by you in order for us to reasonably be able to provide you with our services.
- We may also receive information about you from other sources including other websites that we operate or other services that we provide. We may share that data internally and combine it with data we have already collected. We will only share and combine your data so we can provide the services or similar services that you have requested. We work closely with some third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- It is also possible that we may collect information as a result of combining certain data we have collected or which has been inferred by analytical algorithms. Any such information will only be used if we can reasonably assume that it will comply with this policy.
Uses that we make of the information provided to us
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- If you provide us with information you consent to us using it as follows:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or which we reasonably feel would be of interest to you.
- to allow permitted selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we reasonably feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this). In order for us to use your data in this way or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes please tick the relevant box situated on the form from which we collect the data.
- to notify you about changes to our services.
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- You consent to us using information we have collected about you either directly or from other sources (but not necessarily directly from you) for:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations including trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistic and survey purposes.
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- to allow you to participate in inter-active features of our service when you choose to do so.
- as part of efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Our business relationship with you
- to provide you with details of our other products.
- to provide you with information that we may reasonably consider you might be interested in taking account of the products you have contacted us about.
We may also receive information from other sources.
We will use this combined information for purposes set out above depending on the types of information concerned.
These paragraphs tell you who we will share your information with
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our Group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in Section 1 on 59 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Subject to your consent to selected third parties including:
- Business Partners, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks who have acquired a data to select and send relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and Search Engine Providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- Credit Reference Agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Any legal authorities in order to comply with anti money laundering regulations and responsibilities.
In particular we may disclose your personal information as follows:
- With your consent.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case which require us to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer, such business or assets.
- If Nexus Enterprise Limited or substantially all of its assets are required by the third party, in which case personal data held by that company its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How we will look after your personal information we have collected
- We will ensure that we keep a full record of your information.
- We will only keep your information for as long as we reasonably need in order to provide you with the services you have requested or for a period of three years unless you have opted for us to keep it for specific times or reasons.
- Your personal information will be stored on secure servers and will be protected by passwords to limit those who have access.
- We will ensure that your personal data is held compliant with your rights set out below.
Under GDPR you have certain rights
- The right to be informed about the personal information held and to access it.
- The right to check that the personal information we hold is accurate.
- The right to have inaccuracies deleted or altered.
- The right to have the information erased or to restrict processing.
- The right to take your any away any personal data that you have provided, you have consented to us obtaining or is obtained by automatic methods.
- The right to object generally and to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.
- The right not to be subjected to automatic decision-making.
Outside of the European Union
If we send your personal information outside of the EU (subject as below) we will always need your specific consent. Without that our policy is not to send personal information outside of the EU. However we may send data to the United States.